Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wide Load, My Mental Health Counselor

I am sure everyone reads Cande's blog. She is amazing. I often read her blog and ask myself, "why can't I write like that". Today, I saw the picture she took of herself and I ask, "why can't I take pictures like that!!!".

Oh well, to paraphrase Hermione Granger, let me return to things more of the muggle world.

I have been going to the gym. I returned to the gym because I was afraid I was getting a bit flabby. I enjoy working out. And, to be honest, I drive over most days hoping Wide Load will be there too. I find that I get to laugh more when he is there. Last week, as my writings indicated, was not a good week. I have been getting, the past several weeks, more depressed. More negative, I guess as well. It must have been pretty obvious this week that I needed a friend. Wide Load pulled me to the side and asked what was up. I told him some of it all. He listened. I decided to try being more positive about it. Not an easy task!!! Something good will work out. Maybe I am meant to be somewhere else. Maybe I am meant to be away from the office more (which means I might have more things to write about :) ). It is really weird, when I walk into the gym, my body is dragging and it is all I can do to put one foot in front of the other. When I am leaving, it is like I am less drained mentally and physically.

1 comment:

  1. I tried leaving a comment on here the other day but it wasn't working so I'll try it again. I saved the comment so I'll paste it back in.

    *******
    Heeey! That's so sweeeeet!!! But the pictures you took of yourself were mouthwatering good. Don't knock your photography!

    As for the gym it sounds like a good pick-me-up. Wide load seems to be making his move slowly, perhaps wanting to nurture a friendship with you. At least it keeps you distracted from the toils of work for a bit.

    It's not easy to have a positive attitude when things are so difficult, but it is necessary.
    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete