Saturday, September 1, 2012

Who Would You Invite To Dinner?

An alternative title to this post could be "Rachel Is Being Evasive". I had intended to write a little bit about  life's little, and not so little, happenings which led to my self-imposed exile. I say "intended" because when it came time to actually write something, then I just sat and stared at the computer screen. And the longer I stared, the more frustrated I became with myself. And the more frustrated I became with myself, the more the tonight's blog became torture and the less it was about having fun.  I am sure Therapist will have something to say about this when we talk again.  That is the funny thing about him.  I think I am being evasive (maybe not actually intending to be evasive, but just not really being as painfully open as he is planning) by digressing into some story that seems completely meaningless.  However, Therapist always finds a way to take the most insignificant  story and turn it into a life lesson.  And since lately, those lessons are almost always painful, I am not especially pleased with Therapist's secret power.
 
I tried thinking about something from my distant past that I might like to write about.  I think maybe I have internalized Therapist to some degree though - every distant memory seemed to touch on the present and I just did not want to go there tonight.
 
I guess this is the lesson for tonight - Therapist is getting into my head!!!   He would tell me to just relax and talk about whatever feels right to me.
 
I saw a list of questions in some magazine. I did not feel like answering an entire list tonight, but one question did get me to thinking (thinking about something that was not stressful tonight):
 
Who would I invite to dinner if I could invite anyone in the world, real or fictional, living or dead (I added a clause to this question - let's assume no family members).  I thought I might debate this all night in my head instead of counting sheep tonight when I try - and fail - to sleep.  But my answer comes to me quick .  Tyler Durden.  One, he is the most  interesting fictional characters ever. Two, hello, have you seen what Brad Pitt looked like in that movie.  Tyler Durden for the mind.  Brad Pitt for the body. 

1 comment:

  1. Definitely Bill Clinton. We both like politics and ribs!

    And women :)

    ReplyDelete