Saturday, February 5, 2011

Go Steelers!

I do not understand women.

Friday was Super Bowl Day at the office. Everyone was to wear the colors of their team. I borrowed a friend's Steeler jersey (it helps to have nice rack and a killer smile). I tend to pull more for players than actual teams. In the day, I was a big Green Bay fan, but that was more because I had this major crush in Bret Favre. He looked like he was always so excited and having a good time. I am irresitably attracted to those characteristics. By now, you should be able to figure out that I am a Big Ben fan too.

Which brings me to my point - I do not understand women.

I listened to some of the ladies saying they were pulling for Green Bay now that Bret was not there. Huh? Bret was the only reason I ever pulled FOR Green Bay. The standard complaint was that they did not like Bret because he was full of himself. Let me repeat myself - huh? Women say that they like men to be self-confident. But, if a man actually is self-confident, then we accuse him of being full of himself. I remember watching Bret and Green Bay once with Daddy when they were behind and driving down the field. Daddy said, "there goes Favre, willing them down the field". I remember Daddy smiling watching it. And I remember that Bret was smiling every time the camera was on him. The most serious drive of the game and he looked like he was having the time of his life. How could I not be attracted to that?

I guess for the same reasons, I like to watch Big Ben play.

Go Steelers!

4 comments:

  1. Welcum to Steelers Nation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm rooting for Green Bay sweetie, just to keep it interesting, and 'cause I like A Rogers. He's coming in to his own as a team leader and seems to be enjoying it as well.

    Do we get a picture of you and your jersey sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't even watch superbowl so i shouldn't even comment. my bad ... :(

    but i did watch the half time show ... my bad again.

    ReplyDelete